17 jun 2013

It's cold inside

Tavi by Petra Collins for The Ardorous

laying my head on the floor
                                        i rest
tho lying to myself while brainstorming
                            with my head and tired brain
                                                               (and body)

with my arms around my legs, 
with my hands shaking
                                        i rest
                            while brainstorming

but who was to know the essence of this so called 'storm' of ideas
rather than storm, I see it as a whirlwind
in which i get lost 
                          and dizzy 

and who am i to attempt to escape from my own ideas?
                                   who am i?
to whom must i reach for help?
help for my tacky but reckless little brain
that, instead of letting me be free,
traps me
         and i drown
           and i can't breathe
             and the floor gets colder
               and my hands, tremulous

-m.j.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario